Maine Families Home Visiting – Join Our Growing Team!
Maine Families Androscoggin (a program of AFC) seeks a full-time (40 hours per week) Family Visitor.
We are looking for an energetic & creative problem solver. As a Family Visitor, you will work with expectant parents and parents of young children in their homes; helping families to understand their child’s development and supporting parent/child attachment. We believe that parents are a child’s first and best teachers, and we grow parental development by building on the family’s strengths.
- Practical and efficient decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and high-stress environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Resiliency and adaptability when faced with challenging family situations
- A working knowledge of early childhood mental health theories and practices
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as circumstances require.
Educational and experience requirements for both positions:
- Bachelors Degree in social work, early childhood education or related field.
- Minimum of one year paid work experience with children birth to six years old.
- Must have a valid Maine driver’s license and a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
100+ hours of paid training in the first year, mileage reimbursement, and the possibility of obtaining your LSW are available.
AFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and benefits (generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, SIMPLE IRA, Health/Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, EAP, STD) varying upon position.
To apply to join our highly skilled team of professionals, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Advocates for Children
124 Canal Street
Lewiston, Maine 04240