School-Based Prevention Educator
We are looking for a 30-hour/week School-Based Prevention Educator who will be responsible for promoting the prevention of child abuse and neglect through the delivery of educational programs to children Pre-K to grade 4 within a school setting. This position also provides curriculum-based prevention programming to parents and professionals throughout Androscoggin County.
Skills & Experience:
A successful applicant will be familiar with the prevention of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect in children and will have experience using child abuse prevention curriculums, approaches & resources. In addition, successful applicants will have a comprehensive understanding of child development and a minimum of one year experience working with young children in a school setting. You must be able to facilitate group conversations and activities with both children and adults, and have the ability to create and implement lesson plans successfully with various age groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills, patience, persistence, flexibility, self-motivation, and strong organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Ability to collect, analyze and report relevant data
- This position requires the ability to work independently and will require travel throughout Androscoggin County.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Education, Child Development or related field preferred. Associate’s Degree considered. Applicable experience as outlined above may be substituted for the degree.
AFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and benefits (generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, SIMPLE IRA, Health/Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, EAP, STD) varying upon position; with mileage reimbursement, the possibility of obtaining your LSW and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team!
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Advocates for Children 124 Canal St
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Or email to: email@example.com