AFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and benefits (generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, SIMPLE IRA, Health/Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, EAP, STD) varying upon position.
To apply to join our highly skilled team of professionals, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or:
Advocates for Children
124 Canal Street
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Maine Families Home Visiting – Join Our Growing Team!
Maine Families Androscoggin (a program of AFC) seeks 2 full-time (40 hours per week) Family Visitors.
We are looking for energetic & creative problem solvers. As a Family Visitor, you will work with expectant parents and parents of young children in their homes; helping families to understand their child’s development and supporting parent/child attachment. We believe that parents are a child’s first and best teachers, and we grow parental development by building on the family’s strengths.
We are especially interested in candidates with experience working with refugee/immigrant/asylum seeking families; experience with multiple languages or those who speak a second language; and/or experience with cultural diversity especially as it relates to parenting.
- Practical and efficient decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and high-stress environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Resiliency and adaptability when faced with challenging family situations
- A working knowledge of early childhood mental health theories and practices
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as circumstances require.
Educational and experience requirements for both positions:
- Bachelors Degree in social work, early childhood education or related field.
- Minimum of one year paid work experience with children birth to six years old.
- Must have a valid Maine driver’s license and a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
100+ hours of paid training in the first year, mileage reimbursement, and the possibility of obtaining your LSW are available.