- This event has passed.
August 9, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:30 am on day Second of the month, repeating until December 13, 2014
KIDS FIRST will help you learn how divorce affects the entire family. KIDS FIRST is a four-hour workshop designed to help parents and caregivers address problems and promote reduction of negative effects of divorce and separation.
The workshop will address:
Children’s needs as family roles change:
- The effects of divorce on children and children’s reaction to divorce
- Talking to children about divorce and other changes
- Making decisions about parenting arrangements
- Dealing with conflict without involving children
- Helping children adjust to differences between households
Participants are encouraged to attend the program as early in the separation or divorce process as possible.
Pre-registration is required. The class fee is $60. Limited scholarships are available. Refunds can be made prior to the class less a $20 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given after the class.
Classes will be held on the second Saturday of each month at Advocates for Children.
- August 9, 2014
- September 13, 2014
- October 11, 21014
- November 8, 2014
- December 13, 2014
Registration 7:30―8:00am at Advocates for Children. Class begins at 8 a.m. and ends at Noon.
For more information or to register call: (207) 783-3990.