- This event has passed.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month!
April 1, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
Practice simple ways to promote child well-being during the month of April and all year long!!
Here are some simple ways to promote your child’s health and well-being in April:
- Write down questions for your child’s doctor in preparation for your child’s next visit.
- Share your personal accomplishments/successes via Facebook or Twitter.
- Talk with friends about organizing babysitting co-0p.
- Establish a daily routine so your child knows what to expect each day.
- Get outside and enjoy nature! Start a walking, stroller or biking club.
- Have a family game night! Even young children can play board games on an adult’s team.
- Explore the world from your child’s point of view. Walk around the house on your knees to see what your child sees daily.
- Set goals for yourself and establish steps you need to take to achieve them.
- Register for a class or activity at your local library, community center or Advocates for Children that interests you.
- Join the Parent Support Group at Advocates for Children
- “Catch” your child being good and praise her/him for a specific task for being your child.
- Make a play date with friends who have children the same age as yours.
- Plant a pinwheel garden near your mailbox or in your front yard to highlight Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Month
- Ask your children who is important to them.
- Reflect on how your parents parented you and how that has impacted how you’re currently parenting/caregiving.
- Come to a playgroup at Advocates for Children!
- Make time to do something you enjoy!
- Hold, cuddle and hug your child often.
- Contact 2-1-1 to learn about programs that support families in your community.
- Create an art or craft project with your child.
- Go to a playground and play with your child.
- Go to the library with your child and choose some fun books to read at bedtime.